Hoperator understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits Our Site and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and Our obligations under the law.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Account” means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;
“Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 12, below;
“Our Site” means this website, hoperator.com, switchboard.hoperator.com; or any other Hoperator website domain or application component.
"United States and EU Cookie Law” means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015;
"We/Us/Our” means Slacktravel, LLC (DBA Hoperator), a limited liability company registered in the United States, whose registered address is 6600 Manchester Avenue, St. Louis MO 63139, USA.
2. Information About Us
- Our Site, hoperator.com, is owned and operated by Slacktravel, LLC, a limited company registered in the United States whose registered address is 6600 Manchester Ave. St. Louis, Mo 63139.
- Our data protection officer is Michael Foltz who can be contacted at email@example.com.
3. Scope – What Does This Policy Cover?
4. What Data Do We Collect?
- Business/Company Name
- Job Title
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Demographic information such as preferences and interests;
- Financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
- And, if you have ever visited our site before.
5. How Do We Use Your Data?
All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR). For more details on security see section 6, below.
We use your data to provide the best possible product and services to you. This includes:
- Providing and managing your Account;
- Providing and managing your access to Our Site;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
- Supplying Our products and services to you;
- Personalising and tailoring Our products and services for you;
- Responding to communications from you;
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in;
- Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- Provide personalized content and information to you and others;
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service;
- Develop and test new products and features;
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns;
- Diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Automatically update the Hoperator application on your device;Supplying you with email; promotional, newsletters, alerts etc. that you have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by unsubscribing or contacting us to request that we remove your contact information;
- Analysing your use of Our Site and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience.
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email AND/OR text message with information, news and offers on Our products and services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
- Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
- you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
6. How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
We are based in the United States so your data will be processed in the United States.
We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by us and our service providers, and occasionally hard copy files that are kept in a secure location in the United States. Personal information that we store or transmit is protected by security and access controls, including username and password authentication, two-factor authentication, and data encryption where appropriate.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
7. Do We Share Your Data?
We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymized and will not include any personally identifying information. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, advertisers and publish as research and data. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
In certain circumstances We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of Us.
9. How Can You Control Your Data?
When you submit information via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and at the point of providing your details AND/OR by managing your Account).
10. How Can You Control Your Data?
You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
- You may withdraw your consent for Us to use your personal data as set out in section in 5 at any time by contacting Us using the details set out in section 15, and We will delete Your data from Our systems. However, you acknowledge this may limit Our ability to provide the best possible services to you.
11. How Can You Control Your Data?
You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Please contact Us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. What Cookies Do We Use and What For?
All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current English and EU Cookie Law.
Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a notification bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended.
- Assign a visitor ID
- Assign a session ID
- Display promotional pricing
13. Contacting Us